Step-by-Step SAP Material Management (MM) Configuration: Assign Plant to Company Code
One company code can have more than one plant.
Before we assign plant to a company code we must define the valuation level of material in an SAP client. The material valuation level can be company code or plant. You can read our previous post to understand more about material valuation in SAP.
We can assign plant to company code in a SAP R/3 client with T-code: SPRO.
SAP Screenshots of How to assign plant to company code are:
- Go to the menu: IMG – Enterprise Structure – Assignment – Logistic-General – Assign plant to company code:
- Click execute button. The next screen is:
- Click “New Entries” button. The next screen is:
- Fill the company code and plant fields. In this example we want to assign “GC01” plant that we’ve created before to “GC00” company code (read this to create a company code). Then click “save” button. The next screen is:
- The “GC01” plant has been assigned to “GC00” company code.
SAP Study Materials Series e-Book
To get more details on SAP Enterprise Structure, you can buy my e-book (50 pages .pdf file) at SAP Study Materials Store.
The e-book explains in details about the SAP Enterprise Structure (MM and related modules such as FI, Logistics, and SD) Concept and Configuration Guide. Just like other articles on my SAP Study Materials blog, I wrote the e-book in a simple-to-understand way, so you can learn it easily. You don’t need to have extensive SAP knowledge and experience to be able to configure the SAP Enterprise Structure, as the e-book start explaining each step with the basic concept behind it. After understanding the concept, the e-book will show the step-by-step configuration with the screen shots.