Step-by-Step SAP Material Management (MM) Configuration: Assign Business Area to Plant
This post will explain a step by step SAP MM configuration of how to assign a business area to a plant in an SAP client.
One Business Area is assigned to plant.
Several plants can have same business area.
We can assign business area to plant in a SAP R/3 client with T-code: SPRO.
In this post we will show how to assign business area “GCB0” (read this to create business area) to plant “GC01” that we’ve created before at our post about Define plant. In this example, we have defined valuation level at plant in define material valuation activity. We don’t have any SD division.
- Go to the menu: IMG – Enterprise Structure – Assignment – Logistic-General – Assign Business Area to Plant/Valuation Area and Division:
- Click execute button. The next screen is:
- Click button like the above image. The next screen is:
- Click “New Entries” button. The next screen is:
- Fill the plant and the business area fields. Then click “save” button. The next screen is:
- The “GCB0” business area has been assigned to “GC01” plant.
SAP Study Materials Series e-Book
To get more details on SAP Enterprise Structure, you can buy my e-book (50 pages .pdf file) at SAP Study Materials Store.
The e-book explains in details about the SAP Enterprise Structure (MM and related modules such as FI, Logistics, and SD) Concept and Configuration Guide. Just like other articles on my SAP Study Materials blog, I wrote the e-book in a simple-to-understand way, so you can learn it easily. You don’t need to have extensive SAP knowledge and experience to be able to configure the SAP Enterprise Structure, as the e-book start explaining each step with the basic concept behind it. After understanding the concept, the e-book will show the step-by-step configuration with the screen shots.