E-book: SAP Enterprise Structure (MM and related modules such as FI, Logistics, and SD) Concept and Configuration Guide
Have you ever need to know the SAP SPRO IMG menu path for a specific Transaction Code (t-code)? By knowing the SPRO menu path of an SAP configuration activity, we can see the corresponding SAP help documentation. It can help us a lot.
Actually, you can search the SAP SPRO menu path of an activity if you know the description of the activity. On SAP SPRO IMG screen you can click the “find” button ( ) and type the description in the “search term” field. Continue reading
In the previous post about stock transfer between plants, I have explained that we can transfer stock between two plants in SAP ERP with:
- Stock transfer posting (which solely can be done with SAP MM Inventory Management function). You can read Procedures of Stock Transfer Posting between plants and Intra and Cross Company-Codes Stock Transfer Posting to know more details about stock transfer posting.
- Stock transport order (which involves SAP MM Purchasing function, and can also involve SAP SD module). Stock transport order can be done: without SD delivery / with SD delivery / with SD delivery and billing.
In this post I will explain stock transport order without Sales & Distribution (SD) delivery function. Continue reading
Do you have SAP blogs, SAP Websites, SAP Forum, SAP books, SAP videos, SAP Training provider, or any other SAP resources that you want to promote to SAP communities?
Do you know any SAP blogs, SAP Websites, SAP Forum, SAP books, SAP videos, SAP Training provider, or any other SAP resources that you think are worth sharing to SAP communities?
If the answer is yes for any questions above, you can submit the links at http://Links.ofSAP.com, a human-edited SAP Directory.
You can submit any good quality SAP-related links to the corresponding category available at the directory. I will review all the links submitted before approving them.
The cost for submitting SAP links is free. This SAP directory is not a links-exchange program, so there is no need any reciprocal links. As long as the links you submitted are good quality SAP-related ones, I will approve and publish them to the directory.
The objective of this SAP Directory is to share good quality SAP links to SAP communities, so it can help us to find good resources of SAP that available on internet. I hope this directory can help our SAP learning process.
In term of organizational structure level, stock transfer posting between plants can occur in a same company code or cross-company codes.
Stock Transfer Posting between plants in a same company code
- If the material transferred between plants is not-valuated material (“value update indicator” is not set in the material type configuration for the plants), the stock transfer posting does not affect accounting.
- If the material is valuated for the plants where stock transfer posting occurs and the valuation level is company code, stock transfer posting also does not affect accounting. It’s because the value of a certain material in all plants in the company code is the same.
- If the material is valuated for the plants where stock transfer posting occurs and the valuation level is plant, stock transfer posting will affect accounting.If the procedure used is one-step transfer posting, the transaction will create accounting journals when it’s posted. The inventory account in the issuing plant will be credited and the one in the receiving plant will be debited.If the procedure used is two-steps transfer posting, the “Remove from Storage” transaction will create accounting journal when it’s posted. The inventory account in the issuing plant will be credited, and the one in the receiving plant will be debited (although in term of quantity it’s still on “stock in transfer” in the receiving plant, not in “unrestricted-stock” yet).
The “Place in Storage” transaction will not create accounting journal as it only transfers “stock in transfer” to “unrestricted-stock” in the receiving plant (in a same plant).